Thursday 12 July 2012

Initial Target Audience

Initial Target Audience

      Now I have chosen the song I wish to do: "Nina Nesbiit - Glue", I need to decide on my core target audience so I can produce my media texts to target the correct people. I have initially  decided to target males and females aged 15-20. I have decided this target audience because this is the audience who would listen to the song I have chosen. My target audience will primarily be females because of the female lead singer. However some males would also enjoy the music so I will try to make a effort to target them too. The target audience I have chosen at this stage will be the same audience across all of my media texts; a music video, a digipack and a music magazine advertisement for a new album by my artist.

    As well as my target audience, other audiences would be existent for my media texts. Those below the age of 15 which is the bottom limit of my target audience may enjoy the style of music, indie, so may listen to my artist and purchase her music. Those above the age of 20 may also enjoy the music as they once belonged within the target audience and their like for the style of music has continued as they have grown out of the target audience.

    To investiagte my target audiences wants and expectations from music videos, digipacks and music magazine advertisements I am going to create two questionaires which will be filled out by people within my core target audience and also those out of the target audience age range. The first questionaire will be based upon generic questions about how people view music videos, listen to music and their purchasing habits. The second questionaire will be more focused on the audiences expectations of a indie genre music video and their viewing habits so I can include their expectations in my planning for my music video.











No comments:

Post a Comment