Thursday 15 November 2012

Reshoot of Digipak Images

Original Images - Reshoot
 
Where my images from my first photo shoot of the bird cage did not work and could not be modified to fit my digipak on Photoshop, I had to take more images of them. I wanted  a completely white background behind my birdcage to use as the background for my digipak I first tried using a white sheet. This was more effective when uploaded into photoshop than the images with the light diffuser box. However, despite adjusting the lighting and contrast in Photoshop, the crease in the fabric could not be hidden.
I then attempted using sheets of white A3 paper. When I uploaded these photos to Photoshop to check the quality, I found that the idea of white paper was perfect for what I wanted to crease. However, the joining of several pieces of white paper had created shadows which made the photo look unprofessional.
I then tried using sheets of A1 sized white paper. This technique finally gave me the images that I wanted for my digipak. Examples of all my techniques can be seen below.

 

Once I had found the technique that gave me effective images that I could use on my digipak, I experimented with lighting. I used one bright light as well as the flash on my still digital camera to try get the most professional looking and visually interesting photos as possible. Some of my original images can be seen below.

 
I have chosen the shot seen in the top right hand corner to use on the back cover of my digipak. I like how the light from the side has reflected onto the beads on the cage. I will edit this photo in Photoshop to make it look professional on my digipak.
The image in the bottom right hand corner is the image I am going to use on the front of my digipak.  I have chosen to use this image because of the high quality. The colours from the objects stand out  clearly against the white background. My use of the light coming in from the left hand side of the image is being reflected on the beads attached to the cage adding another dimension to the image.  I will edit this image in Photoshop to make it look professional and attractive to my target audience.


I also took images of all the objects I used in the bird cage singularly. These would be used on the inside of my digipak to represent the songs and reinforce the house style of the digipak. The original images can be seen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment