Tuesday 4 December 2012

Limited Edition Digipak

Limited Edition Digipak

When designing my digipak, I wanted to have a cover over it so the audience could almost open it like a present. I have decided to make my idea of this cover. The digipak that comes with the cover will be a limited edition for members of my target audience to buy and treasure. For mass production, just the digipak would be produced.

My digipak cover will have to be in keeping with my digipak to keep to the generic convention of digipaks having a house style. My idea for my digipak is to have my digipak wrapped up in a coffee stained cover sealed with a piece of real ribbon. I like this idea because of the connotations of the old looking cover and then opening it out to reveal something new. This also links with my music video. I used sepia colouring in my video to reflect the past. The coffee stained cover will be similar to the sepia colours used in my music video providing a link which some members of my target audience will be able to identify giving them a sense of self pleasure. 

I first measured out my digipak on a piece of A3 card and created the folds to make sure the piece of card was big enough. My folding and measurments can be seen below


 
After folding and discovering the size was perfect, I began coffee staining another piece of A3 card. Both sides had to be stained meaning this had to be done over two days. I stained oine side on the 21/11/2012 and the other on the 22/11/2012. I then re-measured out the space my digipak would take up so I could create the folds.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment