Monday 10 December 2012

Photoshop and Final Magazine Advert

Photoshop and Final Magazine Advert
I used the programme Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 to create my magazine advertisement.

    On my design, I wanted a red frame around my advert to help it stand out against the page since it would only be 1/4th of an A4 page. I chose the colour red so my house style from my artwork on the front of my created digipak would continue into the advertisement. I felt that this red frame I used on my design was a little simple. I searched through all of my original images of my red ribbon to find a image that would work as a border for my advert. I found an image where the ribbon was straight but twirled. I then cut this out using the magic wand tool on Photoshop. I then used the blur tool to blend any rough edges.
    From this image, I used the lighting tools to make it brighter. I also adjusted the saturation to help the ribbon become a brighter red to match the bright red used on the text for my advert.
    My next step was to add my digipak front cover to the advert. A issue I discovered on my design of the digipak was that the name of the artist and name of the album were already displayed on the artwork and this text was not where I wanted it to be on the advert. I could have just repeated the text but this would make the advert look cluttered and unappealing to both my target audience and other potential audiences. To overcome this, I opened up my original front cover digipak file on Photoshop. I then removed the artist name, 'Tempany', and the album name 'Glue'. I then flattened the layers and exported the new artwork as an image so I could use it on my magazine advert.


    On my advert, I added tour dates for a UK tour. I already knew of some suitable venues on the south coast where my artist could perform. Further north, I had to use the search engine google to look up suitable venues which wern't too big or too small for my artist. I also had to make sure my artists genre was suitable for the venue.  I added these is a easy to read text as the text would be quite small on a magazine page. A hard to read text would have made the tour dates illegible making the advert and the tour look less attractive to audiences.







 
    I then had to add in the artist name and the album name. Since I had removed the text off the digipak artwork, this gave me more freedom of where I could place this text to make the advert most effective.  I used the same font which I used on my digipak; Tropicalli Script BTN Bamboo. I decided to use this to help maintain the house style of both the digipak and the magazine advert.
My final Magazine Advertisement can be seen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment