Monday 24 September 2012

Artist Name

Artist Name

For my first shot sequence in my music video, I am using stop-go animation. This technique will be used to display my new artists name and the song name at the beginning of the music video so the target audience clearly know when they watch the music video, from any medium what they are listening too.

Therefore, before I film this opening sequence, I need to come up with my artists name. The name I have chosen is Tempany. I have chosen this name as it is unique reflecting the unique, quirky nature of the target audience. Also, in recent years most artist names are a single word and a name. For example:
  • BeyoncĂ©
  • Tulisa
  • Eminem
  • Rihanna
  • Adele
  • Cheryl
  • P!nk
  • Dappy


I have chosen to follow this popular new convention of artist name and go with Tempany.

After I had chosen my artist name, I had to re-experiment with the 3D letters which I experimented with when creating my photographic storyboard. I was missing the letter Y and the letter E with the 3D letters. Therefore I have decided to use flat felt letters for my artists name Tempany. The different colours they are in still work to create a fun opening to my music video to help attract my target audience. I am still going to use light to create a shadow with the 3D letters to create a extra dimension with the shot.  Below is a picture of my experiment with the new felt letters.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment